Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Important Updates



Ever since I left Penang, everything changed drastically. I live by my own. Do things I never did before like washing my clothes, hanging them one by one with clippers, and iron them once a week. Alot of house chores to do but eventually I'm getting used to all of these. I gonna say this, I love my housemates. They are cool, easy going and cute in a way they call names like the fat calling the fat fatty. Too bad, I spent most of my time with studies than with these guys. All because of...

School life! I'm glad I still can be a student. Almost everyday, 10-15 mins morning walk from my apartment to campus. I personally enjoy the walk very much with my earphone on, it makes me feel energetic. I almost forget the long walk while humming the song and seeing different faces passing through... Food at campus sucks. End of food story. One thing I like about my campus among all the facilities is the classroom. Although lots of people complain about it, Ken Yeang design failure...bla bla bla etc... I still like the classroom. Toilet is intact with almost every classroom. We can use the studio with aircon on 24/7, and working space is sufficient for large scale project. Another thing I like about the campus is library. Student can borrow up to 5 books at a time. Unlike my precious blood sucking college, Equator ahem ahem of art...None of the book we can borrow and if we need it, only solution is to make copy with the photostate machine provided and we even need to pay for it!

As expected, the culture of architecture...Sleepless night throughout weeks and metaphorically explained as like empty a jar filled with water by pouring all into a glass.I wish I have 48 hours a day, or I should say no time limitation, so that I will have sufficient time to work on the idea. Well, maybe weekend when rushing for final model making, I see sunrise and sunset twice in day? Wasn't it happen in 24 hours? Illusion it is. "Work hard but work smart", become famous quote of the year of mine. This applied to the future too! Seriously! to get efficient, sometimes we really need to find the shortcut to speed up our work. Looking into my life as an architecture student, Ludwig van Beethoven stumbled my mind. In the biography movie of him, I remember how he baths with just a bucket of water. I used to enjoy my bath time. The time precious when you are not wearing anything and water showering upon naked body. The water flow freely from your head to toe with the guidance of body curves and...STOPPED! Today, bathing is just merely wetting my body like what Beethoven did always. Other than bath, is the bed. I used to tell everyone, if after I bath more than 3 hours, I dare not sleep on my bed. Reason is the bed, yes the fluffy bubbly bed, is the place where people spend most of the time in a day! So it has to be clean, super clean. But now, I spend most of my time either in studio or on my desk. Architecture student, you know I know...

To be continued...

0 comments:

  ©