Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Aipo 38L Dry Cabinet

I'm a kiasu and kiasi person. For all these while, my dslr and lens are not carefully protected. I don't have any dry box to keep them. I just simply leave them into my dslr bag, throw in few packet of silica gel and that's it. Until I read through an article last few days ago about this guy having this fungus growing in all his lenses!

I dare not risking the life of my dslr nor my lenses. Cleaning up the fungus sensor may end up letting you spend some serious cash. Even using silica gel would not help much. This happened to my friend's friend that he thought it is safe to use the "Thirsty Hippo" and he threw 2 of them into the container to prevent humidity. But it turned out worse. Somehow the sensor spoiled due to the cold sensor forming a layer of moisture and it suffered from sudden dry out because the moisture absorbtion from "Thirsty Hippo" was too strong. Phew~

Spending a few hundreds to get a dry box is a wise choice indeed. Play safe. Here's the Aipo 38litre dry cabinet I bought from Komtar, Click & Snap. The price is reasonable and afforable. It's not too big, not too small. It's divided into 2 storey, which you can see in the pic below. From my prediction, this able to hold approximately 4x 40D body and x6 6inch lens, or remove the stray divider, you are abled to store ur long 12 inch long lens. The design of it is cool. Although it is product of China, it doesn't seem like one. It is more like a modern fridge with see- through tempered glass door. This is enough for my current usage. Let's see how's the future, perhaps, I'll need a bigger one to store more good glass. Haha.

Aipo 38L Dry Cabinet

0 comments:

  ©